Saturday, June 19, 2010

This & That

Hey Blog Buds,

Not much going on around here besides packing and refreshing searchtempest every time I get internet access in search of THE camper that will be ours. It's tough stuff I tell you! It's kinda like buying a house...except in a much smaller, less expensive, short term kinda way. We hope to go look at some pretty cute ones tomorrow. Small, cute, cozy ones!

One lady who came to look at the camper just kept saying "oh, it just needs a good home, it's so cute. You could really do a lot with it." ...I was totally thinking, "YOU lady, can do whatever you want with it...take it to your home because it is NOT welcome as mine!"...she didn't end up buying it. BUT in case you missed it on twitter, we SOLD that demon camper (as my dear Count liked to call it) and oh! what a burden was lifted when that thing got pulled away...Ok, I wasn't there and my hubby left before the guy pulled it away but whatever. It's a huge sigh of relief to have that off our hands. And for me a huge relief because I no longer have to live in fear of My Count deciding to keep it because through our sitting in it and showing people it he started to *like* it. I know. "Maybe we could handle it with a no-sway bar and breaks."...yes, those would've been smart to have (have I mentioned we're new to the camper thing?) but no, I would never have loved that camper after the torment it was that fateful night. *sigh* Glad it's moved on to it's next chapter.

We ended our internet contract at home so I won't be on here much. Plus it's crazy trying to pack and store things and decide what we need on this trip...and what we can FIT in a jeep and a small camper. I won't lie though, I'm obsessed with Goodwilling things and downsizing. It's so therapeutic to purge belongings and it makes me so thrilled knowing we're fitting all our stuff (our apartment and his office) in a 10x10 storage unit. Ah, the freedom from stuff. It's wonderful!

I'm in the process of setting up our travel blog...debated posting here but we're both going to be posting and decided we needed a blog dedicated just to this trip...and hopefully we'll add to it the trips we take in the future. I'll let you know when it's up and running. I hope you'll all come follow along on the journey! :)

Guess that's about it. Hope life is well with all you blog buddies out there! Happy Father's Day to you dad's!

~Jessi

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger template 'Perhentian' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP